Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pastor Wants Atheist Registry to Track Atheists like Sex Offenders

Pastor Wants Atheist Registry to Track Atheists like Sex Offenders: "“No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.” – Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson and his idealism be damned. What internet pastor Mike Stahl wants is an “atheist registry” to keep track of these dangerous elements in our society, like people who don’t believe in god, or any gods. This is a story right out of Nazi Germany. What’s next? Will we have our children “outing” us as atheists and pagans and heretics, and turning us over to the fundamentalist morality police to be conveniently culled from the herd?

Now as a disclaimer, I’m no atheist myself. I’m a polytheist. I should make that plain at the outset. But I don’t lose any sleep over people believing or not believing in my gods. I take Thomas Jefferson’s attitude toward the whole belief thing: “it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” Live and let live. I really don’t care what other people believe unless they try to force their belief or non-belief on me. Then we have a problem....."

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
~Sinclair Lewis

2 comments:

MotivatedinOhio said...

That is the craziest thing that I have ever read.  A national atheist registry.  What is this the inquisition?

Underground Politics said...

Yeah these people are all whack jobs. Last I knew we had other things that needed dealt with, like the jobs situation, instead of something so stupid as a atheist registry.