Monday, April 25, 2011

Two for Uncle Sam, One for Shareholders: The 71% NYTimes Co. Tax Rate

Two for Uncle Sam, One for Shareholders: The 71% NYTimes Co. Tax Rate - David Cay Johnston

Well this was a real eye opener. It just goes to show that the more money you lobby with the better off you are. I wish that Mom & Pop shops didn't share as high of a tax burden as the mega-corporations. It doesn't really seem fair to me and I would think that with the economy being the way it is that they'd be struggling a lot more than the mega-corporations. I think we'd be better off helping them out than anyone else because they won't send their jobs overseas unlike the mega-corporations. I also doubt that they'd just put the money in the bank. I'm sure most of them most likely reinvest it in their stores whether it comes to looks or hiring more people or even advertisement. But anyway they'd do it, it would get put back into the middle class instead of being sat on or sent to a bank in the Cayman Islands.

No comments: