Thursday, September 15, 2011

Islam

So I had quite a long conversation with a Muslim coworker tonight and boy did I learn a whole lot of things that people in power/Christians don't want us to know. Apparently not all Muslim women wear a Hijab 24/7. Some of them only wear them while they're praying or in a Mosque. I totally didn't know this and it sort of blew my mind. I also got the Taliban explained to me a little bit. Apparently they're like a huge gang that some really smart/crazy/rich person makes out of poor and uneducated people. Which in a way makes sense because if you're in those conditions some people will do anything to get out of them and listen to pretty much anyone.

Which is why the best thing we can do for these people is to educate them and give them a chance at life where they don't have to live in poverty and be uneducated. If you haven't read my blog post Where Do We Go From Here I really encourage you to do so. It is very insightful and elaborates on some of the points I made in this post about education.

2 comments:

MotivatedinOhio said...

The problem is that there is a large network funding hate.  Islam is not the problem, terrorism is.  Well put, and thank you for passing on the information.

Underground Politics said...

That's what I figured. It's really sad actually. And you're welcome. After I found out about that I knew I had to pass it on the information.