Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homemade Bread

I love me some homemade bread. I love the smell while it's baking, the taste of it after it's done. The fact that it's not that expensive to make and it's pretty healthy for me since it doesn't have all that extra crap in it. I recently started making more of it but my bread always dries out or gets moldy before I can finish all of it. So I decided to do some research on the topic, and share my findings with my readers :]

Here are some sites that have different ways to naturally preserve homemade bread:
Natural Preservative Forum
What Are the Different Types of Bread Preservatives?
Homemade Bread Preservatives

I'm actually making some homemade bread today and I'm going to try putting 1/4 teaspoon of dried Ginger powder in my loaf of bread. I'm also going to try a tablespoon of honey. I'm still figuring out how to store it for a few days so if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it! But I will definitely let you guys know how it works out.


My Sally Lunn bread that I made today. I can't even taste the ginger I put in it to help preserve it.

4 comments:

MotivatedinOhio said...

I love home made bread also.  It is soo good.  Don't have any ideas how to keep it longer either.

Underground Politics said...

I put the honey and ginger in it to help keep it from molding. I have it wrapped in saran wrap and in the fridge right now. That's what a family friend suggested that I do. I want to get a breadbox at some point and see if that works better.

MotivatedinOhio said...

I haven't made bread for a while, I guess I need to make a loaf soon.  I would like an herb and onion loaf.

Underground Politics said...

I haven't had herb and onion. Sounds pretty tasty though. May have to try it this summer once my herbs are growing again.