Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Foxconn workers sign ‘no suicide’ pledge

Foxconn Workers Sign ‘No Suicide’ Pledge - Digital Trends

This is the company Apple gets a lot of it's hardware from. And you know, there's so many people out there who say corporations go over seas because of cheap labor. I think it's that and the fact that worker regulation is so lax over there which creates really crappy working environments. How many corporate buildings in the US have to put nets in between them so that their workers won't jump off of them to kill themselves? And I've never heard of a US worker having to sign a No Suicide pledge.

5 comments:

Motivated In Ohio said...

Before I heard about this, I wanted an I Pad. Not any more.

Underground Politics said...

Yeah I don't blame you there. I couldn't imagine working in the conditions the workers at Foxconn do.

Motivated In Ohio said...

They are working 100+ hours of overtime. After Months of that, I think a lot of people would be suicidal.

Underground Politics said...

If not dead. I didn't realize that was how much overtime they had to work. That's insane.

Underground Politics said...

Yeah I don't blame you there. I couldn't imagine working in the conditions the workers at Foxconn do.