Monday, August 8, 2011

Reply from Speaker Boner

This is the reply I got from Speaker Boner from an email I sent him a couple of weekends ago when that #FuckYouWashington was going around on Twitter.

Dear Ms.

Thank you contacting me regarding the Budget Control Act. It's good to hear from you.

It's clear that Washington's reckless spending binge is hurting private-sector job growth across the country. That's why I said President Obama's request for an increase in the national debt limit could not pass unless it included spending cuts that exceed the debt hike, reforms to restrain future spending, and no job-crushing tax hikes. The Budget Control Act meets that test by:

Cutting and capping spending by $21 billion next year and $917 billion over the next 10 years;

Advancing the cause of a Balanced Budget Amendment (the best mechanism for restraining the growth of government long-term);
Keeping the focus on spending cuts by requiring a joint-committee of Congress to identify additional deficit reduction of at least $1.5 trillion by the end of the year; and

Protecting families and job creators from tax hikes demanded by President Obama.

The bill is a positive step toward stopping Washington from spending money it doesn't have - but it's only a step. We can celebrate when a Balanced Budget Amendment is ratified, the deficit is fixed, and our economy has returned to creating jobs. Until then, we have a lot of work to do.

Thank you again for contacting me. Your ideas, comments, and questions help make possible my goal of leading a House of Representatives that listens and reflects the will of the American people. I hope you'll keep speaking out by:

Visiting Speaker.gov to sign up for email updates on issues that concern you;

Joining the conversation on Facebook.com/OfficeofSpeakerBoehner/;

Connecting with my office on Twitter.com/SpeakerBoehner/; and

Discussing solutions to the challenges facing our country at AmericaSpeakingOut.com.

I made a Pledge to America to focus on removing government barriers to private-sector job creation and economic growth. I also pledged to lead an effort to reform Congress and rebuild the bonds of trust between the American people and their representatives in Washington. Please stay engaged and keep me updated on your thoughts as we work to keep this pledge. To learn more about the Republican blueprint for job creation, click here or visit Jobs.GOP.Gov.

Sincerely,
John Boehner
Speaker of the House


To see the letter I sent him please click here. To me this message just goes to show how screwed up the GOP is. I'm sick of their crap.

2 comments:

MotivatedinOhio said...

Wow, what an airhead, he can't even spin it well.

Underground Politics said...

No he can't. And I'm pretty sure that it what an automated reply :|