Friday, October 7, 2011

A Message For John Boehner: Stop Defending DOMA And Create Some Jobs

A Message For John Boehner: Stop Defending DOMA And Create Some Jobs: "Dear Speaker Boehner,

I am writing you as a friend of Captain Steve Snyder-Hill, a brave and amazing man who is serving in Iraq. Perhaps you and your colleagues know him better as the gay soldier who was booed at the Republican debate. He is much more than that; he is a healer, a friend and a wonderful husband to Joshua Snyder-Hill. Captain Steve Snyder-Hill deserves your thanks and respect. Where is your patriotism? Captain Steve Snyder-Hill is doing more for this country than you are.

Now that DADT is history you want to continue your prejudicial agenda by fighting DOMA. The Washington Post reports that you have raised the cap for Paul Clements to fight DOMA to $1.5 million. Why are you fighting DOMA at all? Allowing gay people to marry will not destroy the institution of marriage as so many conservatives believe. What is destroying American marriages is the fact that couples and families are struggling every day to put food on the table, pay their bills and keep their homes...."

4 comments:

MotivatedinOhio said...

They ran on jobs, and all they have been doing is BS about DOMA, Planned Parenthood and others, when people find out how bad they have been screwing the country, the whole nation will be protesting.

Underground Politics said...

I really hope so. The current GOP is nothing but a bunch of liars!

Enanasi65 said...

This looks startlingly like an article I wrote for Politicus USA. In fact, this is the article I wrote. Yet, I do not see my name or Politicus USA anywhere on this page. I see no link to the original, copyrighted article. I will be forwarding this link to my editor and taking a screenshot of this page. 

Underground Politics said...

The link is at the top of the page right underneath the title. It's the same as the title. I will make sure that I add Politicus USA to my labels though. I'm really sorry about this.