Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Five Myths about Planned Parenthood

Five Myths about Planned Parenthood - Washington Post

When it comes to abortions I kind of ride the fence when it comes down to it. I don't agree with abortions being used as birth control but I know that I could never look at another woman who was a victim of rape or incest and tell her that she has to keep her baby because I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I also know that no one can ever stop abortions whether it's legal or not.

I also believe that taking away all of the Title X funding would be a bad idea because there would be less contraceptives to go around. And I don't think that many people realize that if there's less contraceptives to go around that there's going to be more abortions and unintentional pregnancies that will cost the tax payers more money. Well, at least the pregnancies will. So one has to decide, do you want to keep funding Planned Parenthood to keep abortion rates down even though you're against it? Or will you cut funding and inevitably cause abortions rates to go up?

2 comments:

Cletis said...

Hello, is this your first post and am I your first commenter? I love your writing style and agree totally with your measured position on abortion. I am so glad you are following my blog and I have now returned the compliment. I will try to get by each day or two and read your thoughts. Don't get discouraged and patiently build your following. I will send you some folks when I can. Welcome to the blogosphere. It is a fine place.

Underground Politics said...

Yes, you are my first commenter and this is my first post. It'll be an interesting journey but I'm looking forward to it. I also love the stuff that you share on your blog. I find it very insightful.