Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Living the Fast Life

I believe people who believe in 'living the fast life' or 'if you aren't living fast you're not living' are starting to become a problem in this country. If someone does this and it only affects them, I have no problem with it. But once you involve innocent people I really start to get pissed off. I've seen things go wrong too many times. There's so many people out there who believe that it won't happen to them until it does and then they wonder what happened and where they went wrong. These people seem to lack respect for the innocents and it really really bugs me.

 It drives me crazy when people decide to drive under the influence and then manage to get in a car accident. And the crazy part is, is that it's the drunks that normally survive and the innocents who die. Street racing is another thing that drives me crazy. I know people who have done it, killed people and now they're going to be in jail for the rest of their lives because of it. Or people know people who are in the same situation and still don't care because they don't think it will happen to them. They're so worried about getting that high that it doesn't occur to them that innocent lives are at risk. Or maybe they think they can react fast enough to prevent it from happening but all it takes is a split second for everything to go wrong.

I'm starting to think that we need stricter laws on these things in this country. It's hard to say how much of a difference it would make but I think it would be worth a shot. All I know is that something needs to be done about this before more innocent lives are changed forever.

2 comments:

Cletis said...

Ahhh, the Hotel California, "...you can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

Underground Politics said...

That sounds like a horror movie and I hate horror movies, lol.