Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Religious Right

The Religious Right - America for Purchase

I find a lot of truth in this article, especially with Westboro Baptist Church running around protesting funerals because they say God hates gays and is punishing America for it by killing soldiers. But you also get far right people in small town churches so it can happen anywhere.

I also think that people forget that we're not supposed to judge and that we don't really have the right to do it. It's not up to us where people go once they die and I think people forget that. But then again I'm more of a Progressive Christian so my views can be quite different from others in the Christian faith. I believe that with the far right acting the way it is that they're pushing people farther and farther away from what they're trying to get people to convert to. It seems that people forget that you can witness through action instead of words and that actions can speak louder than words.

2 comments:

Cletis said...

I also follow The Way. We are a bit alike.

Underground Politics said...

Yes we are :]